Flatulence, or gas, is a stinky problem. Sometimes, though you just cannot help it and like the saying goes “more room out than there is in” but it is still a smelly and often times, embarrassing problem. Gas can often be a painful problem, also. We are human and we pass gas, we cannot help it but we can reduce the problem of flatulence with natural home remedies found in our refrigerators and kitchen cabinets.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Activated charcoal tablets
- Ginger powder
- Ginger slices
- Dill oil
- Baking soda
- Apple cider vinegar
Take activated charcoal tablets to treat flatulence. Studies have shown that activated charcoal tablets may very well be the best medicine for treating flatulence besides changing your diet. Charcoal absorbs gases and can eliminate excess flatulence. You should check with your doctor first, especially if you are taking other medications because charcoal can soak up medicine as well as gas.
Take ½ tsp of ginger powder and mix it in a warm glass of water. You can also add in a pinch of rock salt and drink it as needed to get rid of flatulence.
Add 2 tbsp of brandy to a glass of warm water and drink it every night before bed time. Make this a nightly routine to help get rid of or relieve flatulence.
Soak a couple of fresh slices of ginger in some lime juice and chew on it after each meal. Sounds a little disgusting but it will work in treating flatulence.
Take a drop of dill oil and 1 tsp of honey and mix together. Take the dill oil and honey mixture right after a meal and it should prevent and relieve flatulence.
Chew on a piece of peppermint before and after a meal and it will help prevent and relieve gas. This is because peppermint has menthol in it and menthol aids in the treatment of flatulence.
Take one tsp of baking soda and drink a little bit of coke. This will release the gas build-up inside so no more can escape. This has been found to be a very effective remedy in the treatment of flatulence.
Tips and warnings
- Taking two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar each night before going to bed and it will get rid of toxins in your body and help get rid of gas.
- Sip ½ cup of hot water every night at bedtime. Only make it as hot as you can handle and it will help relieve gas.
- For relieving gas problems in babies, rub a peeled clove of garlic around the babies belly button for 5 to 10 minutes or however long your baby will stay still.
- Eat a dill pickle when you are having problems with flatulence, or drink some of the juice from the pickle. This remedy can be used as often as you need it.
- Certain foods will trigger flatulence and make it worse. Find out what foods trigger flatulence for you and eat less of them or quit eating them altogether. Most foods that trigger gas are vegetables like broccoli and cauliflower.
- If you have a very bad problem with flatulence and these home remedies do not help, go to your doctor immediately.