According to Volkswagen, your Passat is an efficient mid-sized car that's "engineering for the Autobahn, but priced for the people." Maybe you don't drive at Autobahn speeds, but a clear windshield is still an essential part of maintaining your car's safety. Here's how you can replenish your Passat's windshield washer fluid and enjoy clean glass for miles to come.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Windshield washer fluid
Turn off your Passat and remove the keys from its ignition.
Tug on the hood release latch located beneath the instrument panel and to the left of the steering column.
Step out of the car and find the auxiliary release latch located beneath the center of its hood. Lift the latch to open the hood.
Use the prop rod from the edge of the engine compartment to hold the hood open. Make sure the rod is securely fastened against the hood before continuing.
Find the windshield washer fluid reservoir near the bottom left corner of the engine compartment.
Pull the reservoir cap open and place a funnel into the opening.
Pour the additional washer fluid into the reservoir until it's nearly full. Then, top it off with a few drops of fluid to make sure it's completely full.
Remove the funnel, close the reservoir cap and lower the hood.
Tips and warnings
- Use windshield washer fluid with antifreeze protection if you regularly drive your Passat in temperatures below 40 degrees F.
- You can purchase washer fluid from your local Volkswagen dealer or any auto parts store.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for