If you want to dress your child up like a lion, you do not have to buy a costume. You can make an easy costume that does not require a sewing machine. If your child is old enough, have him help you design and make the costume. This is a great activity for the two of you to do together.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Dark brown faux fur
- Fabric glue
- Light brown hooded sweatshirt
- Dark brown felt
- Light brown hooded sweatpants
- Safety pin
- Brown socks
- Black eyeliner pencil
Cut a small oval out of the faux fur. Glue it to the centre of the hooded sweatshirt to give the tummy a furry look.
Cut the dark felt material into wide strips to make the lion's mane. Use fabric glue to stick each strip of felt around the top of the hood of the sweatshirt. Be sure to glue only the bottom of each strip down. The strips need to hang down to resemble a lion's mane.
Cut longer, thinner strips of dark felt and glue them around the bottom of the hood. This makes it look like your child has a full, thick mane all around his face.
Make the tail out of the leftover faux fur or felt. Cut the material into one long strip. Safety pin the tail to the seat of the sweatpants.
Put brown socks on your child's feet. Cut the remaining brown felt into an oval and three small circles. Glue these to the bottom of the sock. It will look like the foot pads on the bottom of a lion's foot. Do the same to the other sock.
Colour a circle with the black eyeliner on your child's nose. Draw whiskers on the child's face with the eyeliner.
Tips and warnings
- To make the mane thicker, glue several rows of strips around the hood.
- You can make two ears by using felt. Simply cut two triangles and glue them to the hood.
- To make the ears stand up, glue the felt onto two triangular pieces of cardboard.
- You can use a yellow sweatsuit instead of brown.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for