Ever see a butch lesbian and wonder how she carries herself so confidently? Some women aren't comfortable in the stereotypical girlie roles society assigns gender and these women are typically considered butch. There are many ways for a woman to appear butch, but being a butch lesbian is about attitude, attire, and desire. Continue reading for butch lesbian tips.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Wallet (with/without chain)
- Men's trousers
- Men's boots/shoes
- Men's T-shirts/dress shirts
Project assertiveness and confidence. These attitude traits run hand in hand with butch lesbians.
Dress the part. Shop in the men's section of preferred stores. Wear boots, men's jeans, sleeveless undershirt and ball cap as a casual way to dress butch. Some butch lesbians prefer the GQ butch look. A men's suit, including tie, dress shoes and fedora will provide the professional lesbian satisfaction.
Carry a wallet or money clip. Do not under any circumstance carry a purse. If you must carry a bag, get a backpack. A messenger bag looks suspiciously like a purse.
Stride through the world purposefully. Do not swish the hips when walking. Carry your head high, do not look at your feet while walking.
Flirt with women, all women.
Tips and warnings
- Short hair and tattoos are expected for butch lesbian stereotypes although flannel button up shirts and mullets are also acceptable.
- Learn how to do "manly" things like work on a car, play sports and watch action flicks.
- Be prepared for unaccepting people to call you "sir," rather than "ma'am."