It is quick and easy to make a rack of pork ribs that can have a variety of flavours depending on the rubs added. From basic flavours like salt and pepper to scrumptious Southern rubs, pork ribs are a crowd-pleasing finger food at parties or at a backyard barbecue. If you don't have access to an outside grill, cooking a rack of pork ribs in the oven can still yield tasty results.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Rack of pork ribs (usually baby back ribs)
- Baking tray
- Pork rub (found in the seasonings section of the grocery store)
- Barbecue sauce
- Meat thermometer
Place the pork ribs meat side up onto an ungreased baking tray and rub them with any style of pork rub, or any kind of seasonings of your choice. Let them stand for at least 5 minutes to allow the rub to penetrate the meat.
Heat the oven to 162 degrees C and place the baking tray on the middle rack for even cooking
Cook the pork ribs for about 2 1/2 hours. To test if they're done, slice a small amount of meat away from the bone; when the meat is tender and white, cooking is complete. The meat should not be pink; if it is, keep cooking the ribs until they're ready. You can also use a meat thermometer that will indicate when they're done.
Make BBQ pork ribs by adding barbecue sauce (if desired) during the last 45 minutes of cooking to the bone side facing up. Then, when you have about 15 minutes left of cooking time, flip the ribs over so that the meat is facing upwards, and brush on more barbecue sauce.
Remove the rack of pork ribs from the oven and cut into individual slices. Serve either with extra barbecue sauce on the side or slathered on top.
Tips and warnings
- Pork rib recipes may be easy, but be sure to line the pan with aluminium foil to ensure the clean up is just as easy.
- There are many types of pork ribs available, including baby back ribs or spare ribs, based on what section of the rib cage they are located.
- Be sure to cook pork ribs thoroughly before serving by checking that the meat is no longer pink or the meat thermometer indicates it is 76.7 degrees C.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for