A boil is a painful nodule that forms under the skin when bacteria infect a hair follicle. It also swells and causes itching and irritation. To relieve this condition, you can use a boil drawing salve that you can make with a few, simple ingredients.
- Skill level:
Grind cumin seeds with water in a blender to form a paste. Apply this to the boil and cover with a gauze wrap.
Moisten powdered goldenseal root with water and place this mixture on the affected area. Keep it covered with bandages. This goldenseal salve can heal boils quickly.
Take a small amount of turmeric powder, vinegar and milk cream to create a paste. Make a poultice and place it on the boil. Keep it covered as turmeric can stain clothes.
Heat slices of tomato to make a compress for a boil. Apply the compress on the affected area and cover with bandages.
Use a boil drawing salve by taking equal parts of garlic and onion juice then place this on the boil.
Soak some bread in either lemon juice or milk. Use as a compress on the area and cover it with a bandage. Leave it on overnight.
Buy a boil drawing salve to treat this condition. There are many salves available in stores or online (see Resources).
Tips and warnings
- Use other remedies like betel leaves with castor oil to bring the boil to a head which will then rupture and drain.
- All these remedies can help with this condition but keep the affected area clean and disinfected once it ruptures and drains by using anti-bacterial ointments.
- Consult with your doctor regarding any medical condition or treatment.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for