The only way to make Oreo cookies more decadent is by dipping them into melted chocolate. Create whimsical, chocolate-dipped Oreo cookie lollipops as desserts or party favours for a child's birthday or holiday party. Your child can also help you create and decorate the cookie pops as a creative, hands-on activity. You can personalise the look and taste of the cookie lollipops by using white or milk chocolate, and a variety of colourful toppings.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 10 Oreo Double Stuf cookies
- 10 wooden craft or lollipop sticks
- Parchment or waxed paper
- 360 ml (1.5 cups) milk or white chocolate chips
- 5 ml (1.5 tsp) vegetable shortening
- Microwave-safe bowl
- Toppings, such as sprinkles and crushed nuts
Insert wooden craft or lollipop sticks into the centres of 10 Double Stuf Oreo cookies. Place the cookies onto a piece of parchment or waxed paper.
Place 360 ml (1.5 cups) of milk or white chocolate chips, along with 5 ml (1.5 tsp) of vegetable shortening into a microwave-safe bowl.
Microwave the chocolate and shortening mixture for one minute. Stir. Continue microwaving the chocolate in 20-second intervals until it is smooth and creamy.
Dip the cookie pops, one at a time, into the melted chocolate. Twirl the pops around in the chocolate to completely cover. Place the chocolate-covered cookies onto the parchment or waxed paper.
Decorate the cookies with colourful candy sprinkles, crushed nuts, small pieces of candy, sanding sugar or shiny nonpareils, depending on the occasion.
Set the cookie lollipops, still on the parchment or waxed paper, onto a baking tray. Place the lollipops in a refrigerator for 30 minutes to set the chocolate before serving.
Tips and warnings
- You can store Oreo cookie lollipops in an airtight plastic storage container in your refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for