Almond oil is believed to have many anti-ageing properties, including the ability to plump and fill minor age lines and wrinkles. By using almond oil in a soothing lotion that refreshes your skin while smoothing away lines, you can not only repair signs of ageing but also prevent further damage to your skin. Almond oil boosts the amount of moisture that your skin can hold, which enables your face to "plump out" its own wrinkles naturally.
Things you need
18 ml (1 tablespoon) of lanolin
36 ml (2 tablespoons) of sweet almond oil
36 ml (2 tablespoons) of water
36 ml (2 tablespoons) of cod liver oil
18 ml (1 tablespoon) of chamomile tea
36 ml (2 tablespoons) water
Small plastic bottle
Melt the almond oil and the lanolin over low heat. Stir them constantly to prevent scorching, and turn the heat down if you notice the mixture beginning to hiss, pop or bubble.
Add water to the mixture. This will help it cool more quickly. Do not move on until it is cool enough to touch.
Stir in the cod liver oil and the chamomile tea. Once the mixture is thoroughly blended, you will have a light brown, creamy lotion that you can store in the plastic bottle when you are not using it.
Apply the lotion to your face in a thin, even layer. To get the best results, massage it into your face so that you cannot see much residue from the lotion. You will not need a lot of lotion for a single treatment--probably no more than half a teaspoon.
Rinse your face with warm water. Use your hands to splash your face with water rather than scrubbing it with a washcloth. This will prevent you from chafing your skin if you rub too vigorously and also allow the almond oil to begin its moisturising work right away rather than being scrubbed right off of your wrinkles.
- Use this lotion once a day after you have removed your make-up. If you already have an evening beauty routine, you can fit this treatment in during your shower as long as you are careful to keep your face dry for a few minutes while you massage the lotion in.
- Test your almond oil anti-wrinkle treatment by applying a small amount to the inside of your elbow and leaving it there for ten minutes. Examine the area for signs of redness, itching or inflammation. If there is none, then you are all set to start filling in those wrinkles.
Things you need
- 18 ml (1 tablespoon) of lanolin
- 36 ml (2 tablespoons) of sweet almond oil
- 36 ml (2 tablespoons) of water
- 36 ml (2 tablespoons) of cod liver oil
- 18 ml (1 tablespoon) of chamomile tea
- 36 ml (2 tablespoons) water
- Small plastic bottle