Knitting is a lot of fun and it keeps busy hands out of the cookie jar. The best part about knitting is making gifts for family and friends. Besides the seasonal scarves and mittens, dishcloths make a great gift that will show you care. Simple and fast, this dishcloth pattern will have you cranking out the Christmas gifts in no time! Use that leftover half-skein of yarn, mix scrap yarns or get several identical cloths from one new skein. Easy!
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Two size-7 (4.5mm) knitting needles
- One ball of cotton yarn
Cast on 46 stitches.
Knit rows one and two.
Knit 2 stitches on row three, then knit one and purl one. Repeat the knit one purl one stitch until you get to the last two stitches, which you will knit to form an edge to your cloth.
Continue knitting the pattern for rows one through four until your cloth measures nine inches.
End on row two (a knit stitch) all the way across and bind off in a knit stitch.
Tips and warnings
- To add interest to your dish cloths add stripes or change colours while working.
- Add a little loop at the corner of your dish cloth so that people can hang them in the kitchen.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for