Sometimes the signs are right there in front of your face. But because you love someone so deeply, it is hard to see that he is no longer in love with you. Denial is part of the reason for not being able to see the telltale signs that love has died. If someone does not love you, it is best to let him go and move on. It is the only way to put an end to a one-sided relationship and the pain you feel.
Take notice of the treatment he is subjecting you to. Anything that is negative or cold will cause your heart and mind to react. Kick any denial to the curb. This is a wake call for yourself.
Don't run. Facing reality without looking away is advised. Stand tall. If there are no more signs of love on his part, it is time to let go.
Don't let it destroy you. It is not easy being in love with someone when the love isn't reciprocated. Have a good cry and be done with it. Refuse to let the despair cover you like a second skin. Do something or go somewhere to divert your attention. Repair your shattered self-esteem. Be determined to love yourself again. Do not love anyone new until you love you.
Look on this sad event as a learning experience. You have acquired a valuable lesson as to what love is and what it is not. Write off the break-up as best you can. Pick up the pieces of your life in a constructive manner and get on with it.
Do not let your break-up embitter you to new possibilities. Do not cut off your emotions or become defensive. Allow yourself to be open to finding someone else and to falling in love again. Do not stop believing in love or in your ability to love. Keep the faith.
- Put yourself first and be good to you Accept the fact that it is OK to feel hurt. There is someone else special out there who will appreciate you for all that you are.
- Do not let desperation make you do things you normally would not do. Do not try to alter yourself to please anyone except yourself. Do not think or assume that you know what he likes.
Tips and Warnings
- Put yourself first and be good to you
- Accept the fact that it is OK to feel hurt.
- There is someone else special out there who will appreciate you for all that you are.
- Do not let desperation make you do things you normally would not do.
- Do not try to alter yourself to please anyone except yourself.
- Do not think or assume that you know what he likes.