Rolling your own cigarettes is far cheaper then buying a pack, with a pack now costing you £2.90 and up depending upon your location. Gone are the days where our parents and grandparents rolled cigarettes by hand without the filter. With a small hand-held machine that injects the tobacco into a cigarette tube with the filter attached, you can save lots of money on your cigarette habit.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Cigarette making kit or ;oose-leaf tobacco
- Hand-held injector
Open your cigarette injector and notice that it is one piece that opens with a click flip up motion. If you purchased the cigarette making kit at a local smoke shop then it has a small pouch of tobacco and cigarette injector already included.
Place tobacco in to a depression. It is important not to overstuff this area, as your cigarette injector will jam, so place a small amount of tobacco there.
Using two fingers pick up some tobacco and place it into the depression, then lift the other section that flipped backwards into its normal position. If you have, trouble closing the injector remove some of the tobacco.
Open the injector and see that the tobacco is down in the depression, if there is a lot of room for tobacco you need to add more. If so, use a bit of tobacco and proceed as you did with step 2.
Once you have enough tobacco in the depression, add a tube to the end of the cigarette injector, close the top and gently pull back on the top of the machine with one hand while your other hand holds the bottom securely.
Tips and warnings
- As you gain more experience you can roll your cigarettes quickly.
- A small can of tobacco will cost you between £5 and £7 and a box of tubes will cost you less than £1.30. These two items will create 200 cigarettes, or a carton, and I know that the £6-$13 that you will pay to roll a carton of cigarettes is money well spent, versus the £26-$50 you pay for a carton of pre-rolled cigarettes.
- Cigarette smoking does cause cancer.
- No one under the age of 18 should attempt to purchase or smoke a cigarette.