Preparing pork tenderloin in the oven is a great way to keep in the flavour and provide the family with a lean, nutritious meal. The preparation for this time is minimal, and the cooking time is well worth the wait.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- 1 lb. (450 grams) pork tenderloin
- Roasting pan
- Seasons of your choice
- Metal rack to place inside the roasting pan
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C (350 degrees F), and while the oven is heating up place seasonings of your choice on the top of the pork tenderloin. Salt and pepper can make it simple, but adding other flavours like lemon juice, herbs or rubs can also enhance the flavour for any dish.
Place the pork tenderloin on top of the roasting rack and add it to the roasting pan. The rack and pan can allow for drippings to fall off the pork, keeping any fat from remaining on the tenderloin.
Place the roasting pan into the oven once it has thoroughly heated. Depending on the size of the tenderloin, cook it in the oven anywhere from 25 minutes for a 3/4 lb. (350 gram) roast or 35 minutes for a 1 lb. (450 gram) roast. Keep a meat thermometer inside the tenderloin and cook it until the internal temperature reaches 68 degrees C (155 degrees F).
Remove the roast once it reaches 68 degrees C (155 degrees F) and allow it to cool on the stovestop. The roast will continue to cook even while it is outside the oven and the final temperature before serving should reach 71 degrees C (160 degrees F).
Tips and warnings
- Add potatoes or vegetables to the roasting pan for a complete meal.
- Try different rubs and seasonings to enhance the flavour.
- Be sure to cook all pork thoroughly.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for