Barbecue pork ribs are one of the most popular types of meat, because when they are slow roasted in the oven they are so tender they almost melt in your mouth.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Pork ribs
- Barbecue sauce
- BBQ pork ribs recipe
Preheat the oven to 121 degrees C. Cut the pork ribs into three bone pieces.
Brush the ribs with barbecue sauce and place them bone side down in shallow roaster. Add a little water just to cover the bottom of the roaster. Cover and roast for 2 hours and 15 minutes.
Remove the cover and brush more sauce onto the top of the ribs. Cook for an additional 45 minutes or until the meat is fork tender. For the last 45 minutes, brush additional sauce on two or three more times. Leaving the cover off will allow the sauce to stick to the ribs.
Allow the barbecue pork ribs to rest for 5 to 10 minutes and serve.
Tips and warnings
- You can add potato wedges for the last 45 minutes and cook until tender, they're a great compliment to barbecue ribs.
- You can also buy a prepared rib rub to apply to the meat before you start roasting them.
- Making tender pork ribs depends on slow cooking in low heat. If you turn the temperature up they will cook faster but they may be tough and dry.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for