It is very important to know how to cook any pork recipe properly. Undercooked pork can cause a variety of unpleasant things. The good news is that pork chops are the easiest of all pork recipes to cook.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Package of pork chops
- Shake'n Bake Pork Chop Mix
- Baking tray
- Cooking thermometer
Make sure your pork is thoroughly defrosted. If it isn't, run it under some cold water until it finishes. Rinse your pork chops off and place them on a plate.
Get out a package of Kraft's Shake 'n Bake Pork Chop Mix. This stuff is so easy to use and the absolute tastiest. The coating keeps the juices inside the pork so that it doesn't become too dry. Each package comes with two bags and two sets of mix. You will only need one of each for this recipe.
Open your bag and add some of the mix, but not all of it. Now add your first pork chop and close the bag with the little twist tie. Now with one hand on each end of the bag shake until the pork chop is coated on both sides. Place your finished pork chop on the baking tray. Do this one at a time until all pork chops are completely coated. You will have to add the rest of the mix about half way through to finish all the pork chops.
Turn your oven to 218 degrees C and when it is preheated you can add your pork chops. Cooking times vary depending on the thickness of your pork chops. The average cooking time is 25 minutes but make sure you check your pork with a cooking thermometer. The internal temperature should be 71.1 degrees C.
When your pork chops are done turn the oven off and remove them. Transfer them to a serving plate and serve hot.
Tips and warnings
- This recipe works well with both boneless and bone in pork chops.
- You may think it is faster to add more than one pork chop at a time to the mixing bag, but then you run the risk of not evenly coating each pork chop. That could allow that pork chop to dry up in some spots. It's best to stick with one at a time.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for