This "pizza" is actually a giant chocolate confection, with a base of good dark chocolate and layers of milk and white chocolate, topped with colourful small candies. Chocolate pizza -- prepared in a disposable tin and beautifully wrapped -- makes a great food gift. It's also a fun addition to dessert tables and pot-luck parties.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 30 cm (12 inch) pizza pan
- Microwave-safe bowl
- Feezer bag
- 5 ml (1 tsp) butter
- 450 g (1 lb) dark chocolate
- 225 g (1/2 lb) milk chocolate
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) double cream
- Miniature marshmallows
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) slivered almonds
- 225 g (1/2 lb) white chocolate
- 250 ml (1 cup) sweets
Lightly butter the inside of the pizza pan. Break up high-quality dark chocolate into small pieces, and place these in a glass bowl. Add some of the chopped milk chocolate to the bowl as well. Microwave, uncovered, on 50 per cent power for two minutes. Carefully remove the bowl from the microwave and stir until the chocolate is uniformly melted. If necessary, microwave the chocolate for another few seconds until it melts.
Pour the melted chocolate into the buttered pizza pan. Tilt and turn the pan until the bottom is evenly covered with melted chocolate. Set aside to cool for 15 minutes. Chop the remaining milk chocolate and place in the glass bowl with double cream. Microwave at half-power for one minute. Stir and return to the microwave for another minute at half-power. Stir until smooth, and then set aside to cool slightly.
Dot the top of the chocolate in the pizza pan with marshmallows. Sprinkle almonds evenly over the top. Pour melted milk chocolate into a resealable plastic bag. Turn the bag so all the chocolate settles in one corner of the bottom. Holding the bag next to the pizza, snip the corner of the bag. Quickly move the bag over the pizza. Lightly squeeze the bag and move evenly, back and forth over the pizza, to make a chocolate zig-zag pattern over the marshmallows, almonds and dark chocolate. Set the pizza aside to cool completely.
Coarsely grate or shave white chocolate and aprinkle this over the pizza. Top evenly with various sweets and gumdrops. To serve, cut the pizza into eight to 10 wedges with a sharp knife.
Tips and warnings
- Use only high-quality eating chocolate to make this pizza.
- To make your pizza a little more substantial, line the buttered pizza pan with a thin layer of toasted rice cereal, nuts or crumbled chocolate biscuits before pouring melted dark chocolate over the top.
- Do not allow chocolate to come in contact with water or condensation. Water could make the chocolate "seize" and become grainy.
- Microwave chocolate just until softened. Overcooking can cause the chocolate to taste scorched or affect the texture.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for