Jeans are a staple in many women's wardrobes. They are versatile and can be dressed up or dressed down. However, sometimes choosing the right fit of jeans can be a challenge for the more curvaceous woman. Follow some steps and tips to help you choose flattering jeans for a curvaceous figure.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Take your measurements and make sure you know them before you go shopping. Give them to the sales clerk so she can help you find a great pair of flattering jeans.
Pick jeans with a bit of stretch. Stretch jeans will hug your curves attractively and prevent bagginess that can make you look bigger.
Go for jeans with larger pockets, if you have an especially curvy backside. Large pockets will minimize the size of your derrière and just attractively showcase your curves. Be careful that the pockets aren't so large that they cover your entire bottom.
Select darker jeans since they tend to elongate the leg and make you look slimmer.
Squat, sit, and jump around once you try on your selection of jeans in the change room. Make sure your jeans are still comfortable and look good when you're in motion or sitting.
Tips and warnings
- Be prepared to spend a lot of time in the dressing room as you search for the perfectly fit jeans that flatter your curvaceous figure.
- Certain jean brands or styles may work well on a curvy figure include: Gap's Curvy Boot Cut Jeans, Applebottoms Wide Leg Jean and Lane Bryant Jeans. Levi's also carries some styles for the curvy woman like Levi's Super-Hi Rise Wide Jeans and Relaxed Boot Cut.
- Shop with fit, not jean size in mind. Size should be irrelevant if the jeans fit well and flatter your curvaceous figure.
- Avoid tapered or bell-bottom jeans since they can make you look wider and shorter.
- Do not wear light-colored jeans because they can make you look heavier.
- Stay away from low-rise jeans if you've got a belly of any size. Instead, select mid-rise jeans that will hold your belly in a little bit.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for