These bite size mini tacos are sure to please the next big party crowd. Relatively easy to make, they can be adjusted to fit any taste palate. Whether making them vegetarian or traditional, they will quickly disappear off the table.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 24 cup mini muffin tray
- non-stick cooking spray
- 1 pound lean minced meat, browned and rinsed of grease
- 1 package Ortega Taco Seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup Chunky salsa (Pace is preferred)
- 170gr finely shredded 4 cheese Mexican blend cheese
- Sour cream
- Black olives
- Shredded lettuce
- Finely diced tomatoes
- Refried beans
Preheat oven to 425. Spray mini muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray. Press wonton wrappers into each cup. Set aside
Brown minced meat, rinsing in warm water and draining of grease. Add seasoning mix, 2 tablespoons of salsa and 2 tablespoons of water. Stir well and let simmer for 2 minutes until all meat is coated.
Spoon beef into bottom of prepared wonton cups, making sure the beef is layered evenly on the bottom. Layer 1 teaspoon of salsa in each cup, spreading evenly, then top with an even layer of cheese. There should be enough room to add the garnish to each.
Bake for 7 minutes or until wontons are golden. Remove from oven and plate. Add any optional garnish toppings to each cup. Serve immediately.
Tips and warnings
- For a quick change, use refrigerated rolls or bisquits. Cut the bisquits into 4 pieces and press one piece into each mini muffin cup, making sure to go up the sides slightly with the dough. Fill as above and bake at the temp/time on the package.
- If refried beans are added, either eliminate the beef entirely, or place beans on the bottom, topped with layer of beef, etc.