Wearing sneakers in the hip hop world is almost like a necessity as it goes well with a pair of cool looking jeans, jerseys or plain white tees. Here are a few tips on how you can rock your sneakers well like a rapper.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
First go to a shoe store (preferably Footlocker or Champs) and look for Nike--Air Force Ones, Air Jordans in all black or white, either hi-tops or low-tops ones. Or if you really want to stand out, buy the limited ones like Lebron James. If you want to more colours and patterns in the shoe, it is best to buy a matching shirt to go with the sneakers.
When wearing sneakers, make sure to wear baggy jeans and leave the end of the trousers slightly cuffed. When trying to get the baggy look, your jeans shouldn't be very loose at the bottom (like wide-legged) but more somewhat fitted. Also you should not cover up your shoes with the jeans as you want to show off your kicks or worse, it can leave blue tint marks (from your blue jeans) on your shoes.
Another option is you can leave the tongue of your shoe out with the shoestrings untied. This can work pretty well with 'straight-legged' or relaxed fit denim. Some rappers like Kanye West or Pharrell Williams often pull of this look by wearing a print hoody with or a ribbed crew neck tee in white or any colours that blends well with the shoes.
Tips and warnings
- Remember that you are making a fashion statement so when wearing sneaks, make sure they are blend well with the jeans, shirts and jackets you're wearing
- Do not wear a different colour shoe laces, especially if the shoe is all black and the shoes laces is white as that style went out years ago
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for