If you have legs for days and love showing them off, short skirts allow you to do just that. But you don't want to show too much, so how can you wear your favourite minis with maximum class? Following these simple steps will ensure that you're not overexposed in your favourite short skirt.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Short skirts
Make sure your legs are freshly shaved and moisturised. This helps your skin look its best.
Slip on your short skirt and other attire. Look in a mirror to make sure your entire look is compatible and complementary.
Wear boy shorts or other full coverage underwear if your skirt is wide and floaty. A gust of wind can leave your underwear showing.
Wear the right tops with short skirts. If your skirt is short, don't wear a midriff-bearing top; this can send the wrong message. Your shirt should be more modest since your legs are already so much on display.
Pick the right shoes for the occasion. Stiletto pumps with a short, tight skirt will get a lot of attention, but it might not be the kind you want. If you're going to a nightclub, sexy heels are fine, but be prepared for guys hitting on you.
Sit with your knees together to prevent flashing anyone. Crossing your legs in a short skirt risks too much exposure, so save that for when you're not wearing a short skirt.
Practice walking in a short skirt before leaving the house if you're not used to wearing one.
Practice picking something up off the floor. Instead of bending over from the waist and risk showing everyone your panties, bend from your knees, keeping them together. With practice, you should be able to bend down and stand up again with ease while keeping your legs together.
Practice getting in and out of a car. To get in a car, sit your bottom on the seat first while keeping your legs together on the pavement. Swivel your legs ino the car, keeping your knees together so that your underwear aren't exposed. To get out of a car, swivel your feet out first, keeping knees together. Then lift yourself out.
Wear a Short Skirt Without Looking Overexposed
Tips and warnings
- Wear more modest tops when wearing short skirts.
- Wear shoes appropriate to the occasion; stiletto pumps paired with a mini skirt isn't an outfit made for a carnival or church.
- A good rule of thumb when determining how short to wear your skirt: stand with your arms down your sides and the place where your longest finger touches your thigh is where your shortest skirts should hit.
- Don't bend from the waist in a short skirt; learn to bend from your knees.
- Be age appropriate; mini skirts aren't very flattering on women outside of their twenties and possibly early thirties.