If you find yourself running out of virtual memory, or keep getting messages telling you so, you might want to increase this to a more acceptable level using your computer's control settings
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Click on Start and right-click on My Computer.
Click on the "Advanced" tab. Under "Performance," click on the "Settings" button.
Under "Virtual Memory," click on the "Change" button.
Here is where you decide the amount of virtual memory that you need to increase. Try a few hundred megabytes above the assigned amount.
Tips and warnings
- Do not increase virtual memory exponentially. Experiment with slight increases every week or so.
- Do not lower your virtual memory settings. This might cause system crashes and slowdowns.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for