Sometimes, you may need to get some cash out of your bank account and are not able to use the ATM. This is when writing yourself a check can really come in handy. Most people are not even aware that you can write a check to yourself, but you can.
- Skill level:
Check your bank balance. You can do this in a number of ways. The easiest is to log onto your bank account online and check the balance. Or you can always call the number on the back of your ATM card to check the balance. Also, you can ask a bank teller at the bank to provide you with your balance.
Get your checkbook out. You will need a blank check and a pen to write yourself a check.
Write yourself a check for the amount you need. Enter the amount in words and again in figures in their respective sections. Date the check and sign it. Make it out to either your name or to "cash."
Cash the check. All you have to do is take the check to the bank and cash it, and you are all set. Make sure that you enter the amount of the check in your check register.
Tips and warnings
- Take your photo ID and a bankcard with you to the bank.
- Make sure you check your bank balance before writing and cashing that check.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for