Burlesque star Dita Von Teese always wears her hair in vintage 1940s fashion. Her jet-black locks (naturally blond) are curled and styled to the perfect 1940s pin-up girl poster. Von Teese actually does her own hair, and it looks flawless every single time. Here's how you can get hair like Dita Von Teese.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Thermal protection product
- Hot rollers
- Medium hold hairspray
- Shine serum
Apply a thermal protection product to your hair. You'll be subjecting your hair to a lot of heat to get hair like Dita Von Teese, so protect it as much as you can from damage by running a thermal protection product through your hair while it is damp. Try Frizz-Ease Thermal Protection Formula or L'Oreal Natures Therapy Heat Control.
Get Dita's curls. After you blow dry your hair, make a deep side part and begin curling your hair in hot rollers. Make sure the curlers are vertical and not horizontal; this is the trick to getting the glamorous 1940s style hair that Von Teese loves so much.
Mist your hair with a medium- to strong-hold hairspray. While your hair is still in the rollers, spray it lightly with hairspray. Use a heat activated spray like Thermasilk Heat Activated Flexible Hold Spray. Using this type of spray will help your curls hold longer because it works with the heat of the rollers to curl your hair.
Leave the rollers alone. Wait 15 to 20 minutes, depending on how easily your hair holds a curl, then remove all the rollers.
Apply a shine serum. This will add shine to your finished look. You'll want to do this before you finish styling your hair like Dita Von Teese. After it's styled, don't touch it again, as this will mess up the style. Dita never has a single hair out of place.
Pin your hair up at the temple or leave it down. Dita Von Teese wears her hair both ways. If you decide to pin it, place the pin around your temple and move it back to create a wavy bang. If you leave it down, simply tuck the hair on the side where your part lies, behind your ear.
Tips and warnings
- Use double-barrel curling tongs if you don't have hot rollers or are short on time. Double-barrel curling tongs look like a regular curling iron, but have two rods instead of just one.
- Avoid this type of hair style if your hair is very long. Dita Von Teese's hair style works best on medium-length hair because the finished style is above the shoulder. Long hair will not hold this style very well.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for