Kirigami towers are complex yet simple architectural designs made out of a single sheet of paper without glue. Building a Kirigami tower is easier than you might think. Simply follow these steps.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Kirigami tower design
- X-acto knife
Study pictures of completed Kirigami towers. The images should help you get an idea of what the finished product should look like.
Draw a Kirigami tower scheme on computer software and print it out if you're an experienced Kirigami tower builder. If you're a beginner, use published Kirigami tower patterns (see Resources below).
Use an X-acto knife to cut every parallel and vertical line on the design. Treat your knife like a pencil and trace along the lines while cutting them. Leave the horizontal lines alone.
Grasp the top of the Kirigami tower design. Take the middle of the top horizontal line and fold it down from the back.
Work your way down by continuing to the next level and folding in the levels. On every level, fold one corner from the back and the other from the front.
Finish all of your levels and stand your Kirigami tower.
Tips and warnings
- You may want to use your X-acto knife to precisely fold your tower's different layers.
- Experienced Kirigami builders may draw their own Kirigami tower designs by hand. However, beginners should first complete a pre-designed tower before attempting to draw their own.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for