Knowing the exact time of your birth can allow you to celebrate your birthday in a more personally meaningful way. It's also a necessary piece of information if you want to create an astrological birth chart. Regardless of where you were born, there's a way for you to find your birth time.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Talk to your parents. They may have recorded the exact time of your birth in a journal or baby book. However, this birth time may not be as accurate as the time recorded by the attending physician or midwife.
Order your birth certificate. Not all states and areas include your time of birth on a birth certificate, though, and rules for recording time of birth on a certificate have changed over time. When you order, ask explicitly for your birth time information. If your birth time is recorded, you'll receive it.
Contact the hospital or birth facility where you were born, which may be written on your birth certificate. Most facilities do keep birth records and should be able to access them for you. Ask what you need to do to obtain them.
Visit an astrologist for a birth time rectification if you can't find your time of birth and are seeking it for astrological reasons, such as to create a birth chart. You need to be able to provide the exact time of at least 15 major life events for a rectification. View the list of applicable events at Birth Time. You can also purchase a rectification online from this website.
Tips and warnings
- If the hospital or facility you were born at is no longer in operation, check other nearby hospitals. Often, birth records are transferred to the nearest medical facility when one shuts down.
- If you were delivered at home by a midwife, obtain the name of the midwife from your parents and contact her for your birth time.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for