If you have big hips, there are many ways that you can dress to minimize that feature of your body. Don't get upset or frustrated with your hip size, instead learn to use your clothes to create an optical illusion to minimize your big hips.
- Skill level:
Wear the right size clothes. Often women that have big hips hide under baggy, loose fitting clothes.
Select pants that do not have any pleats and are fitted to just below the waist. They should have wide legs and no side pockets.
Avoid buying pants that have anything on the back, such as detailing or ornamentation.
Choose skirts and dresses in dark colors that are an A-line style to make your hips look smaller.
Distract the attention from your hips by wearing a dress that has a tighter top and a looser bottom. A design on the top part of the dress will draw the eye to that area.
Opt for coats with wider bottoms to minimize your big hips. A coat with lapels and a big collar will keep the attention on the upper portion of your body.
Make hips appear smaller with hip huggers and low rise jeans. Boot cut, flared leg or wide leg jeans help proportion your figure.
Tips and warnings
- The color black creates a slimming look because it creates a negative space.
- Horizontal stripes make your hips appear wider, whereas clothing with vertical lines is more slenderizing.
- Never wear a pleated skirt, as it will draw attention to your hips.
- Avoid wearing clothing with pockets. Remove them or have them sewn closed.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for