Ultrasonic technology is the newest way that homeowners are getting rid of pests and rodents inside and outside of their homes. It drives out pests with an ultrasonic sound that attacks the eardrums of these small creatures. It is a chemical-free way of getting rid of pests.
- Skill level:
Search online for an ultrasonic pest repellent. This gives you the option of comparing different brands and prices. You can comparison shop for ultrasonic repellents on NexTag or Biz Rate.
Look for a model that has the farthest reach. You want to cover as large of an area as possible when using an ultrasonic pest control product. Read the product details of the item before you buy to see how far it reaches.
Shop around for an ultrasonic pest repellent that has built in ionic technology. This feature allows the air to be cleared of bacteria that may attract bugs. The Ultimate AT Pest Repeller emits both ions and ultrasonic waves.
Find out which pests will be eliminated. Most models control roaches, ants, spiders, rodents, fleas, ticks, mosquitoes and flies.
Get an ultrasonic pest repeller that plugs into the wall. This type, instead of the battery operated version, guarantees that the unit keeps working.
Tips and warnings
- Each ultrasonic unit is likely to cover only a single room in a home. If you have multiple floors that need pest control, you need to buy more than one.
- You should get an ultrasonic pest repellent that is covered under a warranty. Most models include a standard one- to two-year warranty.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for