Beeswax is a wonderful hydrating ingredient that increases and retains the skin's natural moisture. The compounds in beeswax, called "wax esters," can be found in human skin. This beeswax cream will make your hands feel great.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- A bar of beeswax
- Cheese grater
- Grape seed oil, sesame oil or sweet almond oil
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of liquid lanolin
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1/8 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 tablespoons of strong chamomile or Earl Grey tea
- Glass microwave-safe container
- Jars or containers to store
Use a cheese grater to grate 3 tablespoons of beeswax into a glass microwave-safe container.
Add a half-cup of grape seed oil, light sesame oil or sweet almond oil into the bowl. Also add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil to the mixture.
Add 2 tablespoons of liquid lanolin. Lanolin is natural oil derived from fiber of sheep wool and you can find it where vitamins or health products are sold.
Add 1 tablespoon of honey and 1/8 of a teaspoon of baking soda.
Brew a strong cup of chamomile or Earl Grey tea. Add 2 tablespoons of the tea to the mixture. Mix all the ingredients together.
Place the bowl in the microwave at a medium temperature until all the wax and oils melt together without bpiling. Watch it carefully and remove as soon as it is melted.
Stir the ingredients again and pour the mixture in jars or containers to store. Allow to cool completely before using.
Tips and warnings
- You can also melt this beeswax hand cream mixture over a double broiler.