Save some money by making your own waterproof rubber stamp ink for your stamping crafts and projects. You can reuse those old, dried out stamp pads or make your own ink pads. Create the ink color of your choice and mix up as much or as little of it as you like. The following steps will show you how to mix up your own waterproof rubber stamp ink.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Add a packet of powdered clothing dye the color of your choice to 1/4 tsp. of rubbing alcohol or denatured alcohol into a disposable container.
Mix the dye and alcohol with a spoon well until it resembles a thin cream.
Add 5 tbsp. of glycerin, which is a liquid emollient typically used to make soap and can be found in some drug stores, health food stores or online.
Stir the dye, alcohol and glycerin mixture until it is thoroughly mixed together.
Make a stamp pad by obtaining a small plastic box with a lid and cutting a piece of foam rubber to fit the bottom. Lay the piece of rubber on the bottom of the box.
Pour the ink mixture over the piece of foam rubber until it is soaked into the rubber and is saturated but not overly wet.
Use your ink with the stamp or stamps of your choice.
Tips and warnings
- You can also pour the ink mixture over a used, dried ink stamp pad.
- Keep the ink pad box shut tight when not using the pad to prevent it from becoming dried out.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for