Many schools and companies have cracked down on Internet usage. Sites that are labeled as "unnecessary" are frequently blocked and inaccessible by the user. However, it's very easy to unblock a website and regain access to it. Here are a few tips on how to do it.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Determine which blocked websites you would like to gain access to.
Choose a website that features an "Unblock" tool to help you.
Enter the URL in the appropriate section on the website. Usually there will be a button to click that says "Unblock Me"--click it.
Attempt to gain entry onto the blocked website. If for some reason it didn't work, you may want to try another unblocking website.
Clear the Internet history.
Tips and warnings
- Delete the history of websites you've visited by clicking "Tools" on the top right hand side of your screen. Then go to "Internet Options" and under "Browsing History" click "Delete". You can then choose which information you'd like to delete. This will make it harder for someone to see which "blocked" websites you've visited.
- To completely erase all evidence of website history, it's necessary to edit your Windows registry. This is a very advanced procedure, and isn't recommended for the user without advanced skills. In order to edit the registry in Windows, the user on the computer must have administrator rights associated with the login ID. Software may also be used to complete this task.
- Always log off or shut down the computer when finished. Remember that Internet and network use is often tracked by administrators. Don't make the mistake of not logging off of a computer and then being held responsible for someone logging onto a website banned by an administrator.
- Note that your company or school may track when you unblock a blocked website. If it's possible for you to be caught doing this, you may want to weigh the consequences before doing it.
- Police departments and federal authorities track illegal Internet use, and will arrest and prosecute anyone participating in that activity.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for
- Unblocking website
- Use this is unblocking website when ThunderUnblock.info (a site unblocker) doesn't work.
- This website has free software that clears Internet history from the computer at the Windows registry level.
- This website has software available for purchase to clear your Internet history and Windows registry.
- This is a web-based interface to unblock websites. As a note, the website does track activity, and does report illegal use.
- Unblocking website