Trying to lose a couple of pounds through dieting can be tough. Changing your entire way of eating to incorporate the DASH diet plan to lower your blood pressure and potentially save your life requires a support group. In addition to your friends and family, online support can help you when family members aren't available.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Visit the WebMD website. They have several support groups, one of which is for hypertension. You will find a support group for DASH dieters as a sub-section of the hypertension support group.
Perform a search on the Yahoo groups website. Yahoo has a support group for almost everything including one for people on the DASH diet.
Navigate to the US Department of Health and Human Services website. Visit Health finder (www.healthfinder.gov). Healthfinder offers links to Pulmonary Hypertension Association Support Groups. If they don't currently have a support group for the DASH diet, you can start one.
Contemplate starting your own support group. If you've done your search and are not happy with the support groups you've found, start your own. Chances are there are other people online just like you looking for the same thing you're looking for.
Tips and warnings
- In addition to the above online support groups, you should use several search engines and search for DASH diet support groups online. Using more than one search engine will ensure that you get a variety of results.
- Most DASH support groups are free. If you are deciding whether or not to join a group that charges membership, be sure to investigate them thoroughly.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for