If you want to darken your hair, but you don't want to subject it to harsh chemicals and dyes in store-bought hair color, you can use other colorings to accomplish the task. The following steps will show you how to color your hair naturally.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Strong coffee or tea
- Two cup of boiling water
- 1/2 cup dried sage
Brew strong dark black coffee or strong black tea.
Allow the mixture to completely cool before using.
Wash hair as you normally would and rinse. Turn off the water in the shower.
Poor the coffee or tea onto your light hair in the shower with a bowl underneath your head to catch the mixture.
Re-rinse with the coffee or tea until you achieve your desired color.
Wash and condition your hair.
Repeat this process once a month to maintain a natural-looking dark color.
Pour two cups of water into a pot and bring it to a boil.
Add half a cup of dried sage into the pot of boiling water. Let it simmer in the pot for 7 to 8 hours.
Let the mixture cool down completely before using it.
Apply the mixture to your hair and allow it to dry thoroughly before rinsing it out. Spend some time out in the sun to speed up the drying process.
Repeat this procedure until your gray hair is at the color level you want it to be. Do this once a month to keep grays under control.
Tips and warnings
- You can also naturally darken your hair with black walnuts. Crack a few walnuts and place the entire walnut in boiling water and boil for 15 to 25 minutes. Put on gloves and apply this to your hair and place a hair cap over your hair. Let it sit for 30 minutes and let dry. Rinse and wash your hair.
- You can also purchase henna powder (a dye made from leaves) and mix with water and lemon juice to darken your hair naturally.
- The black walnut-based mixture can permanently stain anything it comes in contact with so be careful with it.
- Always try a small inconspicuous patch of your hair first with any mixture before applying it to your whole head or you may end up with a color you hate.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for