Following the Body-for-Life plan requires discipline because you will exercise six days per week and eat from a specific list of foods. Successfully following the eating plan will involve spending time each day planning and preparing meals that contain foods from the Body-for-Life food list. Read on to learn how to plan for Body-for-Life meals.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Know the foods on the Body-for-Life's authorized foods list. You will eat the "acceptable" proteins and carbohydrates each day.
Combine one carb and one protein to make a meal. Plan six of these small meals every day. Add veggies to two meals and get at least one tbsp. of unsaturated oil daily.
Get to the grocery store often. Make a list of what you need and only purchase the foods on your list.
Create a planning schedule. Plan an entire week at a time or take it one day at a time. Either way you choose, by budgeting time to plan you'll be more likely to be successful.
Keep a journal of your activity while you are on the Body-for-Life plan. Write down what you will eat at what time and follow it as closely as possible. Record any times you deviate from your plan.
Relax on your free day. Don't worry about planning meals this day but do put it in your schedule. Knowing that your free day is coming will help keep you on track the rest of the week.
Tips and warnings
- Supplementation is part of the Body-for-Life eating program. You are allowed--even encouraged--to eat meal replacement bars or shakes for one meal each day. It is not necessary to do so, but a shake can help you squeeze six meals into a day.
- If possible, purge your cabinets of all temptation. Keep only foods from the authorized list in the house and you'll reduce your chances of cheating.
- Don't forget to take your lifestyle into consideration. For example, if the office has a pot luck day, make that your free day and indulge, then get back on track the next day.
- If you're not a whiz in the kitchen, purchase the Body-for-Life cookbook, "Eating-for-Life." It's packed with meal ideas featuring authorized foods, so you'll have lots of tasty ways to stick to the eating plan.
- Don't forget to drink water. On the Body-for-Life plan you should drink ten glasses of water every day.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for