An electric fireplace will bring the charm and ambiance of a real fireplace to your home. You can even build a mantle above your electric fireplace if you want one. Follow these steps to install an electric fireplace in your home.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Challenging
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Electric fireplace kit
- Glass cleaner
- Clean rag
Choose where you want to install the electric fireplace. It must be near a standard 120 volt electrical outlet.
Lay out all the parts of your fireplace kitso they can be assembled. Generally, the base comes preassembled in a fireplace kit.
Stand the cabinet, the wooden exterior portion of the fireplace, against the wall where the electric fireplace is to be located.
Place the firebox into the wooden cabinet and plug in the electric cord.
Follow the directions that came with the fireplace kit. You'll need to install the liner, if one was included with your electric fireplace.
Situate the logs inside the fireplace opening and turn on the switch for a moment to make sure the logs work.
Screw on the glass front of the fireplace unit and install any additional trim.
Tips and warnings
- An electric fireplace can even be installed in a mobile home or high rise apartment because no venting is required.
- Many electric fireplaces have a built in fan which will distribute the heat more efficiently.
- An electric fireplace has the lowest output of BTUs of all the fireplace place types that are available, so that means it's not going to put out a lot of heat.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for