If you or your child participates in wrestling, you need to buy a pair of wrestling shoes to properly compete in the ring. Wrestling shoes ensure that your match is safe and that you can move around the ring with ease.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Visit a sporting goods store. Most sporting goods retailers should have a selection of wrestling shoes. Ask a sales associate to help you choose the right pair.
Look online at a specialty wrestling shop for shoes. Wrestling Gear is one of the best online stores for wrestling shoes and gear.
Pick a well known brand. Stick with a trusted company that you know manufactures good shoes. Popular companies that make wrestling shoes include Adidas, Asics and Matman.
Check the lacing system on the wrestling shoes. The system should have enough support that you feel it during matches. You want a covered lacing system with a zipper for even more support.
Find a pair that is lightweight and comfortable. The best wrestling shoes are lightweight and breathable and made from a mesh material.
Tips and warnings
- Make sure you check the sizing system before you order wrestling shoes. Many pairs need to be ordered a half size bigger than your standard shoe size.
- You should try on the shoes and test them out before competing. Make sure that they are comfortable and have a good grip.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for