An email address is essential if you want to keep up with events and communicate with your contacts, business or otherwise. Gmail used to be an invitation-only email service, but is now open to anyone. It is regarded as one of the best email services available and offers many useful features. Creating an account with Gmail is quick and easy.
- Skill level:
Go to the Gmail homepage.
Click the "Sign Up for Gmail" link in the bottom right of the screen.
Fill in the appropriate boxes: "First Name," "Last Name" and "Desired Login Name."
Choose and confirm a password.
Fill out the remainder of the form with a security question (which will help you if you forget your password), a secondary email (if you have one), location and word verification.
Click on the button marked "I accept. Create My Account" if you accept the Gmail terms of service.
Tips and warnings
- When choosing a password, make sure it isn't something too simple that a lot of people who know you might guess. Make sure it is easy for only you to remember.
- Make sure your login name and password are something easy to type, especially if you use this email frequently.
- When filling out a security question, make sure you enter something that only you or those whom you trust greatly know. Entering something that many people know or could easily figure out only makes it easier for someone to hack in to your email account.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for