Some men have a hard time pulling off a seersucker suit. Seersucker suits are made from a light crinkled fabric, usually cotton, with an alternating vertical striped pattern between white and another color. If you would like to wear this suit without coming off looking like a total nerd, there are a few ways to do it.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Seersucker suit
- Shirt in a matching color or in white
- Neck tie that isn't too busy
- Plain brown leather belt
- Shoes that fit the occasion
Choose a color that won't make everyone stop, look at you, and throw on a pair of sunglasses. Men's seersucker suits come in a variety of colors striped with white such as red, peach, aqua, and pink. Pick these colors only if you have a deep desire to attract attention, no matter the kind. The best colors are blue-and-white, cream, gray-and-white, or brown-and-white.
Choose a shirt that goes well with the suit. You can't go wrong with a white shirt, or a light shirt that matches the suit. Avoid shirts with any a pattern as they will clash with the already striped pattern on the suit. Please, do yourself a favor and don't wear a polka dotted shirt with this suit. A shirt with a conservative collar is best instead of a wide collar, which will make you look like you stepped out of the 70s.
Pick a tie that isn't too busy. Again, overly-busy patterns will clash. Instead choose solids or conservative patterns. Bow ties are fine too, but a regular neck tie is best if you wish to avoid the nerdy look.
Wear a plain brown leather belt instead of that thick white one you were thinking of.
Wear almost any shoe, from brown brogues for a fancier occasion to white or brown bucks. You can even wear tennis shoes to casual events if you are wearing your seersucker jacket with jeans.
Tips and warnings
- Men's seersucker suits are appropriate to wear to any non-black tie function during the hot summer months.
- Some seersucker suits can be washed in the washing machine. Always allow the suit to drip dry to avoid shrinkage. Touch up lightly with an iron. Remember, the seersucker suit is meant to be a little crinkly.
- You can mix up this suit and wear the jacket with jeans or slacks. The pants can be worn with a jean jacket.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for