Scratch cards can be so much fun and quite addictive. Some people have a ritual of buying the same scratch card once a week in the hopes of "winning for life" or getting "Lucky 7's." Superstitious techniques like using the same coin to scratch, sitting in the same place or buying at the same corner store might give you added hope of winning, too. Use a few simple strategies for scratching these little ticket games and possibly improving your luck.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Ticket machine
- Store to buy scratch off tickets
Select a scratch card game that has more chances for you to win. Some cards have three or more games for you to scratch off. This is a good strategy since you are offered more games to play.
Know the different types of scratch cards to play. Many states offer card lotteries in a number of fun and creative games. These games are in machines in grocery stores or small card shops, or at gas stations. Sometimes the cards are displayed under a glass case at the counter of a store.
Buy cards that offer a long-term payout, such as win for life. This promises the winner a set amount per week for life. You are increasing your long-term odds for a good payday.
Select scratch cards that are modeled after poker, roulette or blackjack. These game cards typically have several options for you to play. Usually you have multiple hands to "play" or numbers to choose, which gives you more of a chance to win.
Explore the odds/appeal of a scratch card. This small, but popular form of gambling is an inexpensive investment for instant gratification. If you play the regular lottery, you typically have to wait for the draw date to win.
Visit Games.com to learn how to use strategies for different games (see Resources below).
Learn to Use Scratch Card Strategies
Tips and warnings
- If you feel lucky, buy a card. There is no set guarantee that any tip will secure you winning loot, but if you continue to play you could increase your overall odds of luck.
- Buy scratch cards on every special occasion you have, such as your birthday or a relative's special event to increase your chances of winning.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for