The Facebook mini-feed provides stories about your friends. Whenever someone you know does something on Facebook, you can be quickly informed by glancing at his or her profile. See who that person's new friends are or how his or her status has changed.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Facebook account
- Computer with Internet access
Sign in to Facebook (see Resources below). You will need to view your profile to see your mini-feed. Click the "My Profile" link from the home page.
Click "See All" for your mini-feed to see the stories posted for your profile.
Hide recent events from your friends. If you don't want to share an item on your mini-feed, just click the "X," or close button, next to the item you want to remove. A pop-up will ask you to confirm that you want to hide the story. Once hidden, neither you nor your friends can view the story.
Sort your mini-feed by topic. The default view is by date, but by sorting by topic, you can remove related information quickly.
Adjust Your Mini-Feed
Head to the "My Privacy" page while logged in to Facebook.
Edit the settings for the "News Feed and Mini-Feed" section. You can click on "Edit Settings" or the section title link.
Select items you want to appear in feeds. Any unchecked features will not appear on any feed, whether your own or another person's. For example, if you do not select "Write a Wall Post," then any story involving you and a wall post will not appear in any feed.
Decide whether you want times to appear in your mini-feeds. Taking out the time stamp adds a bit more privacy.
Be sure to click the "Save Changes" button so you do not lose your new preferences.
Set Your Mini-Feed Privacy Level
Tips and warnings
- The mini-feed is a public version of your network's stories. You may see different items on your mini-feed than appear on your news feed.
- Mini-feeds include stories about your daily activities, including what groups you join. This allows your friends to join the same groups if they are interested.
- Check the Help section for tips on setting privacy levels (see Resources below).
- Mini-feeds are accessible by anyone that can view your profile. If you do not want everyone to know your comings and goings, then you must adjust the privacy settings to only include the items you want to share.