Professional salt scrubs, while alluring in their decorative packaging, are often quite expensive. However, the majority of salt scrubs contain the same ingredients, such as sea salt, oil and fragrance, some of which you may have in your cupboard. Making your own homemade salt scrub to exfoliate and soften your body is both simple and inexpensive.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Mixing bowl
- Epsom salt
- Coarse sea salt
- Oils (calendula, sweet almond, rosehip seed)
- Ground jasmine flowers (optional)
- Essential oil (optional)
- Container with lid
Spoon 2 tbsp of Epsom salt and 2 tbsp of coarse sea salt into a mixing bowl.
Add 1 tbsp each of rosehip seed oil and sweet almond oil to the salt mixture, as well as 1 tsp of calendula oil.
Fragrance your homemade salt scrub, if desired. Add 1 tbsp of dried jasmine flowers or several drops of your favourite essential oil.
Mix the ingredients well and store in a clean container with a lid, or use immediately.
Tips and warnings
- This recipe is for one use of salt scrub. Double or triple the amounts in the recipe to make a larger amount, which can be stored in the refrigerator and used at another time.
- The Glenbrook Farm website recommends applying your homemade salt scrub to a clean body and leaving it on for up to 15 minutes.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for