Spice up your nachos with this tasty recipe from the Ortega collection. Serves four to six people.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- 175 g (6 oz /1 1/2 cups) shredded mild Cathedral City cheese (or any brand of mild cheddar)
- 110 g (4 oz / 4 cups) tortilla chips
- 35 g (1 oz / 1/4 cup) sliced jalapeño peppers
- 1 3/4 c. (1-lb. can) heated refried beans
- Sour cream
- Chunky salsa
- Cheese grater
- 40 cm x 25 cm (15 inch x 10 inch) flat oven tray
- Chef's knives
Spread beans over the bottom of a large ovenproof platter or a oven tray.
Arrange chips over beans.
Top with cheese and jalapeños.
Broil for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Top with salsa and sour cream.
Tips and warnings
- Try guacamole, sliced ripe olives, chopped green onions and chopped fresh coriander on top of the nachos.