With Federal Express, it has never been easier to track your shipments. FedEx has set up their Web site so that you have fast and easy access to the tracking information of all of your packages that you have sent with FedEx.
With FedEx, you can track in a variety of ways-by using your tracking number (which is located on your airbill or waybill), by using your account number and reference numbers online at the FedEx Web site or by using your personal e-mail address. FedEx also offers InSight, which can track all of your packages and shipments without a reference number or tracking number. This service is available to members of FedEx.
With FedEx, you can also get e-mail updates about your shipments and packages. You can access this feature on the FedEx Web site.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- FedEx account if you do not have the tracking numbers
- Computer with Internet access
- E-mail account if you wish to use the track by e-mail feature
- Your FedEx airbill number, tracking number or reference number
Locate your tracking or reference number from your package airbill.
Navigate to the FedEx Web site (see Resources).
Click on "Tracking," then "Track by Tracking Number" or "Track by Reference."
Enter the tracking number or reference number in the space provided. You can enter up to 30 tracking or reference numbers at one time.
Click on "Track" to view the tracking information about your package.
Track using your personal e-mail address by addressing an e-mail to "email@example.com."
Enter your tracking numbers, with no dashes or spaces in the body of the e-mail. Enter one tracking number per line, with a maximum of 30 tracking numbers. Your numbers should be the airbill number, followed by the country code and then the date of shipment, for example: airbill 123456789 us 021706. You will receive an e-mail back right away with the tracking information.
Tips and warnings
- You will need your tracking number or reference number if you are not a FedEx member.
- Your tracking number appears on the airbill or waybill you received from FedEx.
- Remember to follow the proper format if you are submitting your tracking information via personal e-mail.
- Keep your account information with FedEx private and personal. Don't share your account information with anyone.
- Keep your tracking number or account number in a safe spot in case you need to continue tracking your package.
- If you are the receiver, ask the sender for the tracking number on the airbill when they sent your package using FedEx.
- You can also obtain a signature proof of delivery at the FedEx site. Follow the same steps outlined above but click on "Obtain Signature Proof of Delivery" instead of "Track."