How to Clean Ugg Boots. Ugg boots are so cosy and warm, you may never want to take them off. However, the constant wearing will lead to dirt, grime and odours. You can use specialised Ugg products to clean Ugg boots, or simply utilise household products as explained below.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Cold Water
- Baking Soda
- Paper Towels Or Newspaper
- Essential oil
- Corn flour
- Suede brush or lint-free towel
- Leather cleaner and conditioner
Use cold water to lightly moisten the outside of the boots only. Do not submerge them in water.
Dilute a cleaner appropriate for leather to form a solution of one part cleaner and one part water.
Apply solution to a wet sponge and gently clean boots' outer surface. Rinse with clean sponge dipped in cold water.
Stuff boots with paper towels or newspaper to hold shape and dry out of direct sunlight or direct heat. Direct sunlight or heat will cause shrinkage.
Brush boots with a suede brush or lint-free towel to restore the nap.
Use a mixture of 2 tsp baking soda and 2 tsp corn flour to deodorise and soften the inside of the boots. If you wish, you can add a few drops of an essential oil to create a sweet scent. Shake the mixture into the boots and let it stand overnight. Shake the excess out the next day.
Tips and warnings
- Cleaning and protection products available from Ugg include Ugg Sheepskin Cleaner and Conditioner.
- Apply a water and stain-resistant coating to the boots to minimise stains and dirt, such as Ugg Sheepskin Water and Stain Repellent.
- You can buy replacement insoles for Uggs - some of them washable - so if your boots have an odour problem consider replacing or washing the insoles.
- Sometimes the boots will shrink slightly after washing. This is normal and you can expect them to stretch back out when you wear them.
- Never put Ugg boots in the washing machine or dryer.
- Most Ugg boots are intended for indoor wear. Keep away from extreme elements, such as rain and snow, to keep your boots in tip-top shape.