Instant gratification for any rocky road rhapsodist. This quick recipe comes from the archives of Nestlé Carnation. Makes four dozen pieces.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 32 cm x 23 cm (13 by 9-inch) baking pan
- 5 g (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- 300 ml (1 1/4 cup) sweetened condensed milk
- 300 g (2 cups) semisweet chocolate chips
- 165 g (1 1/2 cups) coarsely chopped walnuts
- 500 g (3 cups) miniature marshmallows
- Large microwave-safe bowls
- Mixing spoons
Line baking pan with foil; grease lightly.
Microwave chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk in large, microwave-safe bowl on High (100%) power for 1 minute; stir.
Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
Stir in vanilla extract.
Fold in marshmallows and nuts.
Press mixture into prepared baking pan.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Lift from pan; remove foil.
Cut into pieces.
Tips and warnings
- You can also melt the chocolate chips into the milk in a saucepan on low heat.