You can relive the good old days of playing retro Game Boy Advance games on your state-of-the-art iPhone. Prior to 2013 you had to jailbreak your iPhone to do this, but now you can play these old favourite legacy games without jailbreak. There is no need to use your computer as everything can be done using the iPhone itself.
- Skill level:
Open the Safari browser on your iPhone and go to https://github.com/rileytestut/GBA4iOS which is the GBA emulator.
Scroll down to the README section and the big blue “Install App” button. Tap on the button and it will go to a new page where it will go through the build process which takes a few minutes. Tap the blue “Next” button when it appears.
Tap “Install app via OTA." You will be asked for permission to download. Give permission; the download will start like any other download from the App store.
Download the Pokemon GBA ROM of your choice from any of the popular ROM download sites. Open the app and play the Pokemon GBA game you downloaded on your iPhone.
Tips and warnings
- You may not be able to download the app sometimes because of a server overload. Sometimes the webpage will say that the Mac Build Server is dead and to try again later.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for
- Digital Times: iPhone GBA emulator - Find out how to play legacy Nintendo games in app no jailbreak needed
- iTechNow: Install GBA emulator for iPhone and iPod without jailbreaking
- YouTube: GBA emulator on iphone 5 without jailbreak!! 2013
- SparkGamer: Get a Gameboy emulator on your iPhone – no jailbreak required