PayPal is used by business owners in 190 countries. It’s a secure way of sending money to pay for products and/or services both nationally and internationally. Business owners have the option to upgrade their personal PayPal accounts to business accounts. Business accounts include additional features suitable for business purposes, including limited access to the PayPal account for up to 200 employees and a customer service email alias which allows customers to contact the business with any issue they might need to resolve. To make day-to-day business even easier, PayPal can also arrange automatic daily transfers from PayPal accounts to bank accounts via a business program called Auto Sweep.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- - PayPal business account
- - Personal bank account
- - PayPal customer service number
- - PayPal security PIN
Make sure you have a PayPal business account. The Auto Sweep feature is not available to those people who only have a personal account or a premier account. Apply for the business account by accessing the information at www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/merchant.>
Locate the “contact us” link. This link can be found at the bottom of your PayPal account home page when you first login to your business account. When you click on this link, you will see an option to receive “help by phone.” When you click on this option, PayPal will provide you with a customer service telephone number and a security PIN number that you will need when you speak with the PayPal agent who will attend to your call.
Use the customer service telephone number to contact PayPal directly. Ask the agent to enable the Auto Sweep function on your business account. Remember your will need to have the security PIN to hand when you make the call.
Wait for the PayPal agent to revise your business account. This may take a few days. If PayPal deems it appropriate, you will be given access to the Auto Sweep program automatically. At the end of every working day, the funds in your PayPal account will be transferred directly to the bank account which you have already linked to your PayPal account. A short time after being given access to the Auto Sweep program, you will see the program show up on your PayPal profile menu too.
Tips and warnings
- Disable the Auto Sweep program at any time by contacting PayPal directly by telephone. There is no minimum time-commitment that you must honour with respect to this feature and therefore no risk in trying out the service.
- Some PayPal business account users have reported that the Auto Sweep has be turned off by PayPal without any form of prior notification.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for