A Slendertone belt is a device that uses clinically proven electrical muscle stimulation (EMS) toning technology to increase muscle definition. It works by sending signals to your nerves to contract and relax your muscles similar to regular toning exercises. The belt uses gel pads attached to the belt to conduct the current that stimulates the muscles. Slendertone recommends replacing the gel pads after 20 to 30 sessions of 30 minutes. However, there are a few simple steps to extend the life of your gel pads.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
Cleanse skin with soap and water where the gel pads come into contact before using the Slendertone device. This will remove any lotion, oils or dirt that may affect the lifespan of the gel pads. The efficiency of gel pads is greatly reduced if they come into contact with grease.
Keep the gel pads attached to the belt at the end of each Slendertone session rather than removing them to avoid additional build up of grease and grime.
Cover the gel pads with the plastic tab covers that came with the device when not in use. If you have discarded them, use any clean plastic of a similar density.
Put a little water on the gel pads before using them again. This will re-hydrate the gel already on the pads and reduce cracks or tears.
Tips and warnings
- Ensure the gel pads make full contact with the skin of the area you wish to be toned.
- Store the Slendertone in a cool, dark place to avoid drying out.
- Always seek advice before embarking on a physical exercise program.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for