Assassin's Creed 2 is a stealth action video game for one player produced by Ubisoft. Although there are no multiplayer options, the game has, in the past, only been playable on a PC with a permanent Internet connection. The manufacturer's DRM system required players to be online as part of its piracy avoidance rules. In 2012, Ubisoft removed these restrictions and it is now possible to play the game offline. You may, however, need Internet access to validate your game code and access online features the first time you play.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Assassin's Creed 2 game disc
- Activation key
Turn on your PC.
Insert the game disc into your DVD drive and wait for it to start installing.
Ubisoft's Uplay console will launch. If you already have an account, log in. If you aren't registered yet, create an account.
Once you are logged in to your account, type your validation key into the Activation Code window exactly as it appears on your documentation. You will find this key in the game case. It will either be printed on a sheet of paper in front of or behind the manual, or it will be hidden behind a scratch-off silver box. Use a coin to remove the silver coating to reveal the key.
Click "OK" to validate the code and start the game. Once you have registered, you will be able to play Assassin's Creed 2 offline or with online features if you prefer.
Tips and warnings
- Once you have registered your game, you don't have to be online to play again. You can also then play it on other PCs or laptops. Using Uplay does give you some added benefits, however, including special features, rewards and bonus content.
- A validation code on a video game only works once for one user. If you buy a second-hand copy of Assassin's Creed 2, the code in the case will not work if the previous owner has already registered it. If it has been used, you will get an error message and code validation will be denied. If this happens, you may have to buy a new key from Ubisoft to access the game.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for