If you travel to Mumbai or Delhi, you're likely to come across the MTNL (Mahanagar Telecom Nigam Limited) brand and to use its products and services. MTNL is one of India's major telecoms companies and their services include fixed line and mobile phones, broadband and 3G. You can lock your landline phone using the MTNL Phone Plus service so that selected types of calls can only be made from your phone with the use of a secret four-digit code.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- MTNL Phone Plus landline account
Register your secret code by dialling 123 and then the four digits of your chosen secret code. When prompted, dial in the four digits a second time to confirm your secret number.
To limit authorised calls to local only, dial 124, your code, then 1.
To allow local and long distance calls within India, dial 124, your code, then 3. Use this combination of numbers to switch off blocking.
To put a block on all outgoing calls, dial 124, your code, then 4.
To unlock your phone and allow all outgoing calls, dial 124 followed by your code, then 0.
Tips and warnings
- You can change your secret pass code by dialling 123, entering your current code, then entering your new code.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for