If someone sends you a file with the ".pptx" extension that means it's been created in PowerPoint. The Keynote app for the Apple iPad is the iOS equivalent of the PowerPoint programme for Windows. By default, you're iPad won't be able to open a .Pptx file created in PowerPoint, so you need to go to the Apple Store and download Keynote before you can open a PowerPoint file. Like PowerPoint, Keynote's main use is to create slide show presentations for use in education and business.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Open your mail programme and navigate to the email with a ".pptx" file. Tap the attachment to see a preview of the file.
Touch the preview file and select "Open with Keynote" from the pop-up menu.
Wait for a moment as Keynote launches and then the file will open in "Presentation" view.
Tips and warnings
- Older versions of PowerPoint produce files with the extension "ppt." You can also open those with Keynote.
- Keynote files can be saved as PowerPoint files.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for