Selling products or services via Facebook is relatively easy to set up and it can be a lucrative form of online advertising for many businesses or individuals who work within a wide range of industries. One of the most effective ways of advertising via Facebook is to set up an advertisement for your Facebook Fan Page or company website via the Facebook PPC Advertising Service, which is offered directly from the Facebook website to anyone who owns a Facebook account and is over the age of 18.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Challenging
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Facebook account
- Facebook Fan Page
- Website you wish to promote
- Advertising budget to spend
- Basic knowledge of PPC advertising or access to someone who does
Login to your Facebook account and click on the left-hand side button “create an ad.” Facebook then gives you the option to either choose to advertise a page on the Internet or to promote one of your Facebook Pages. To advertise a page on the Internet, you simply enter the URL address of that website in the space provided. To promote a Facebook Page, you click on the page you are interested in from the drop-down menu.
Select the the kind of advertising you want to do from the menu provided. When promoting a page you can choose between getting more likes for that page, the promoting the posts on the page, or customising your advertising ideas by clicking on the third option. When promoting a page on the Internet, Facebook gives the option to either advertise that page in the news feed or in the right-hand column. The previews show you exactly how your advertisement will appear.
Target your audience by choosing from the many demographic options that Facebook then offers. You are able to choose which country, town or city your target audience will be located in and therefore the geographical locations in which you wish your advertisement to appear. You can also target your audience by age, gender, interests (listed on Facebook) and friends or connections (via Facebook).
Select the currency in which you wish to pay for your advertisement and provide details about your bank account, which include the country in which that bank account is held. You can also choose to set a daily limit for the amount of money you are willing to spend on your Facebook advertising. Once the daily limit is hit, Facebook will automatically stop showing your advertisement. This is helpful, as you can be sure to never go over the limit of your advertising budget.
Choose the option “automatically optimise my budget” if you have little knowledge of PPC advertising and Facebook will help you to carefully spend your budget, making your advertising money work as hard for you as possible. If you have experience in PPC advertising, there is an option to manually control your bidding too.
Click on the “review advert” button at the bottom of the page and check that you are happy with the way everything looks. Click the “place order” button if you are happy or the “edit advert” button if there is anything you wish to change.
Create a Facebook advertisement
Tips and warnings
- Run your Facebook advertisement for at least a month before reviewing the success of your advertising efforts. You will need to gather at least 30 days worth of information on your advertising campaign before you can truly see whether or not Facebook advertising works for you and your business needs.
- Avoid spending lots of money on Facebook advertising if you have little knowledge of PPC advertising. There are lots of PPC management experts out there who will be able to help you understand how PPC advertising systems work and it is a really good idea to get some training in this area before making any big money investments.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for